Like I've said in a previous post, The Influence Conference was created to guide women in finding their purpose and the plan that God has for their business, blog, and everyday life. Our vision is that every women comes with a desire to learn how to use their gifts to spread the Gospel, and leaves feeling energized, equipped, and connected as a tribe of Believers willing to help each other pursue that calling on their lives. My prayer is for God's vision to be brought to life this week. He's called us to this meeting place, and I pray we listen to Him.
In preparation for the conference, the ladies and I thought it would be beneficial to list five things you should know before the Influence Conference. Here's my list:
- This weekend is about you, your gifts, and learning how God wants you to use your voice for Him. I encourage you to have faith that your family, your workload, your pets, and your friends at home will all be fine without you. This is your opportunity to learn more about yourself and focus on your relationship with God. This is your time to visualize how God wants you to create a community that will take on the blogging/online business world by storm. We've been praying for every single one of you, that you hear God at this conference. You've invested so much time and money into this weekend, and we want you to be present for it, not to miss a thing.
- This is not a "dress for success" conference. Pack and wear what makes you comfortable. Before your evening session, if you can no longer breath in your girdle, we give you permission to wear your favorite yoga pants... or pajama jeans...
- This conference is meant to be a networking, community building event. Start thinking about the women you want to make connections with the most. I've got about 5-10 ladies that will be getting a hug from me! It'll be a bonus if I get to share a meal or a morning coffee date with them. I feel that God has put them on my heart and that this is our time to create relationships that are greater than simple Twitter talk or blog comments. Who has God put on your heart?
- Just a reminder for all of you introverts or women coming alone to the conference: I would guess that about 80% of us have never met each other in real life. Really. I've been friends with Jessi, Hayley, and Casey for a while, and have still never met them in real life. This is the scariest/coolest thing about this online community. God has given us an opportunity to create relationships with women that we live hundreds of miles away from, but are capable of experiencing some really personal, authentic, genuine relationships with for many years to come. Out of all of you, there is only one person that I have an "in-real-life" relationship with currently... and I'll be sharing a bed with her at the conference. The point of this conference is to change that and create many "in-real-life" relationships with women all over the world. Don't be shy. Be open, be vulnerable, and be yourself.
- Here's where I turn into your mother and tell you to PACK SNACKS! You need to be prepared. Always make sure to carry something small in your purse if you need a little treat. There may be times where you aren't able to finish your lunch because you're too busy sharing your life story with a new friend, and later find yourself starving, hours before dinner time. I encourage you to pack crackers, dried fruit, cereal, anything! And if you forget your snacks at home, tweet me and I'll gladly give you a granola bar. I'll have plenty to go around.
I'm so excited to finally experience the vision that we've had in our head for months. It's going to be exhausting, but oh-so refreshing. For those of you attending the conference, if you have any last minute questions or concerns before the big weekend, don't hesitate to email me personally. I'm ready and waiting for you. Happy Monday!