I'm so glad Lindsay of Hello Hue has started doing her "It's the Little Things" Link-Up Party again! It's always refreshing to look back at your week and remind yourself of all the awesome "little things" that brightened your days. Because I'm a mom of two crazy toddlers, I usually forget my "little things" until I go back and refresh my memory by flipping through Instagram pictures. So, here's some of my faves from the past week:
- Celebrating Father's Day with my hubs by pigging out on ice-cream (this was his bowl, I promise). It sure is great having him home with us after being gone for almost 2 weeks. He's such a helpful husband and putting the children to bed on my own was much harder without having my lullaby singing partner. I'm so thankful for him!
- New summer pajamas for the kids. Chia is in size 18 months and Josiah is drowning in his size 24 months. So, yeah, they pretty much wear the same size clothes now...
- Getting back Chia's 1 yr pictures from DnK Photography (will share more soon)! They turned out so perfectly and were able to capture some of Chia's signature faces. This one might be my favorite:
- Having my two-year-old ask to cuddle with me. I, of course, dropped everything I was doing and cuddled for a good 5 minutes until he changed his mind. It was awesome.
- Enjoying some Fudgsicles outside after playing with the kids' new water table. I really need to record Josiah's reaction to the ice-cream every time he eats it. The boy just sits and chuckles to himself, he's so excited to hold it all by himself. Cracks me up!
- Evening walks to the park with my family. Tonight, Chia was forced to practice her balance because she hates touching grass. She's so close to walking!
Not in pictures:
- Finishing up an awesome 35 day Bible Reading Plan with the She Reads Truth group. I've learned so much about myself these past couple weeks and am super excited to get started with the next plan tonight!
- Attempting to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible and meeting up with friends for play dates. The poor kids don't last too long before their naps, but it's still fun getting out and about.
- A new (one piece) swimsuit that hides what's left over from having two children 13 months apart. Go Old Navy!
- Watching Chia learn new words every day. I had to video-tape her the other day because it was the first time she said, "Hi, Daddy!"